Monday 22 July 2013

The Lady in Red

Bruises and wounds......


Yesterday while going back in the metro...i experienced something that filled my heart with the same feeling of inferiority.
I was reading a "no interest book" , I had occupied the corner seat near the door, so as to notice people coming and going and that was the only way i was passing my time. I could not ignore when a girl rushed into this women's compartment as if she was running and just stood near to the gate which was closed and was not meant to open on this metro-line.
She wore a long red kurta with nehru neck and wore a typical English pajama which dancers wear oftenly. It was loose and would have allowed all the leg moments. And I could judge she was a dancer not only watching her attire but the tag at her bag  "Shiamak dance classes" and a line over her bag "dance fills life in the body" but what certainly grabbed my attention the most was her wet eyes. I was staring at her and she was least bothered, she was lost .She turned her face towards the glass on the metro door and wiped her eyes, she was crying. I could feel it, i started making assumptions of what would have happened. Her parents would have scolded her for choosing dance as a career or she would have fought with someone.
Or her trainer would have scolded her  and may be she liked her trainer and found him giving lessons to some other girl funny but i was thinking that, truly. That is actually chuckle-some to assume such reasons but i could just think of these at that point. 
Soon I saw the girl had some bruise over her neck and on her cheek even. 
she was least concerned about those and what i could just think further was that may be it was not the bruises over her face or neck but the wound in her heart which was more hurting.
She suddenly checked the station list over the line map and she again wiped her face with a wet tissue this time and applied a lip balm and left her hairs open. I felt like talking to her but couldn't, I knew i won't see her in the next few minutes, so i looked at the stations list and again looked at her.Now she was lost in her phone and she just smiled, may be she read a joke. Smiled like a kid and as soon as the train stopped at next stop she rushed out.... And i kept staring her and turned my head to watch her go...
This lady in red, seemed like any lady who was full of Dreams and Aspirations and was. She was denoting womanhood, just females could be that strong to cry and smile at the same time. Cry for the smallest reason and smile over the most insignificant thing. Every woman then seemed to me like that girl because they all would be facing one or the other problems at home.

No comments:

Post a Comment